How to install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Plus SM-G532f
Are you still using the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Plus and unhappy with its poor performance, short battery life, limited internal storage, and outdated version? Don’t worry, custom recovery is the best option for improving its performance.
So, what is custom recovery? A custom recovery is a specialized soft environment that replaces the default recovery system on an Android device. Basically, there are two most popular recovery, CWM or TWRP. I recommends you to install TWRP as it provides touch-screen GUI based interface.
In this blog article, we’ll guide you through a step by step instructions to install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Plus.
Table of Contents
What is TWRP Recovery?
TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) is the most popular recovery image for flashing third-party firmware, mods, custom kernels, nandroid backups like Xposed and other things. It has a touchscreen user interface that allows users to backup their entire Android system. Users can install custom ROMs (custom versions of the Android operating system), full system advanced backup, wipe the cache partition, dalvik cache, and system partition.
Team Win Recovery Project is compatible with a wide range of Android devices. It is mostly used to root smartphones and tablets. As you may be aware, every smartphone includes a default recovery mode for performing system updates and factory resets. TWRP, on the other hand, offers advanced system modifications like a manufacturer.
Advantages of installing TWRP on Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Plus:
- It allows users to Nandroid backup like bootloader, operating system, data, and applications with ease.
- You can install ROMs, custom kernels, and customizations with ease.
- Bloatware can be uninstalled and ads can be blocked.
- You can up to date your galaxy grand prime plus software to the latest version or able to receive OTA updates.
- It makes system file management, permission changes, cache cleanup, and data deletion much easier.
- It enables the installation of custom zips containing themes and tweaks that require root or recovery access.
- You can quickly root and unroot your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Plus without using a computer.
- It allows you to configure CPU/GPU overclocking, which improves the overall performance of your smartphone.
Disadvantages of Installing
- TWRP installation can be a dangerous technique that can harm your phone if done incorrectly.
- Banking applications may not function properly.
7 Easy Steps to install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Plus
This section will walk you through seven simple steps for installing TWRP. As a result, you will be able to fully utilize your Samsung Grand Prime Plus hidden potentials. If you follow this advice, the process is straightforward. If your smartphone isn’t prepared for this procedure, then read on:
Preparation before Installing TWRP on Galaxy Grand Prime Plus:
- Check that your phone is at least 50% charged.
- Make a complete backup of everything such as contacts, images, videos etc.
- Remove the Samsung account, device password or pin.
- A laptop or computer as well as a genuine USB cable are required.
- Read and follow carefully.
Step1: Unlock Bootloader
The first step is to unlock the bootloader on the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Plus. The bootloader is a special code/program that loads the device system software before your phone boots up. Unlocking the bootloader allows your phone to install custom recovery. TWRP cannot be installed if the bootloader is not locked. If you want to unlock the bootloader, simply follow the steps carefully.
1. Enable Developer Mode:
- First of all, go to the settings of your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Plus and then scroll to bottom find “about phone” option and open.
- After that and select “software information“ for to view build number.
- Then tap “build number” for about seven times simultaneously until the developer mode is enable.
- You will see “developer mode” has been enabled.
2. Enable USB Debugging, OEM Unlock Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Plus:
- In developer options, scroll down and enable “OEM unlocking” option. Here you see bootloader already unlocked.
- After that scroll to bottom and click on “USB debugging” option. Then click ok to enable.
Note: Make sure that both option is enabled, it’s important if you want to install TWRP. If you confuse about these steps you can contact us.
3. Steps to unlock bootloader:
This is necessary step, as it allows you to modify system level that your are able to customize your smartphone software. In this section, we’re going to provide basic steps to ensure that your Galaxy Grand Prime Plus bootloader has unlocked or not.
- In this step, turn off your phone and connect it to a computer using a data cable. Then, keep pressing the “Power button + (Volume Up + Volume Down)” keys at the same time until you see the “Warning” screen.
- To unlock the bootloader, press and hold the “Volume Up” button for a duration longer than seven seconds. Use the volume buttons to navigate to “Yes” when asked if you want to unlock the bootloader, and then press the power button to confirm.
Step2: Download Necessary Files
In this step, we’re going to download the TWRP file or Odin program in order to install TWRP on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Plus.
- Download the latest version of Odin, which is a tool used for flashing firmware and custom recoveries on Samsung devices.
- TWRP recovery file needed to download you can visit official site. Remember that you need to find to download “.image.tor” file from here.
Download Here: Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Plus
Note: Once TWRP file download, then move it to your computer.
Step3: Installing Odin on your computer
- Run the downloaded file after extracting the Odin ZIP file. Follow on screen instructions to install simply.
Step4: Boot into download mode
Moving into download mode is necessary because firmware must be flashed. It allows your smartphone for connect to computer Simply follow these steps to successfully boot your device into download mode.
- First of all, turn off your Samsung Grand Prime+. Once your phone goes to switch off mode then press on (bixby + volume down + power) buttons at the same time and hold all these three until you will not see warning screen.
- Now to continue you have to press “volume up” button once and again press yes. You see the downloading screen appeared which we need.
Step5: Connect your phone to computer
- Connect your Samsung to your computer using a USB cable. Remember that use only original cable to ensure a smooth procedure.
Step6: Flash TWRP using Odin
- Open Odin program on your Pc. Make sure that your phone is connected. Once it connected, you see this COM as shown in image. It means that your phone has been detected.
- In this step, you see all slots such as “BL, AP, CP, CSC, UserData“. You need to click on “AP” to choose TWRP tar file that you have just downloaded or move into you computer. Tap to open, it might take some time or depending on how heavy that file.
- Make sure you have disable Auto Reboot in option as shown in picture. If not then uncheck the “Auto Reboot” button.
- Click on “Start” button. It will take some time to complete.
- Once complete, you will see pass as shown in image. It means that the recovery has been successfully flashed.
Step7: Boot into TWRP Mode:
Now, we need to boot Grand Prime Plus into TWRP recovery mode. After flashing TWRP, immediately boot into TWRP recovery mode to avoid the stock recovery overwriting it during the first boot. But firstly get out from download mode.
- Press Volume Down key and power button for 7 seconds.
- During this moment’s your Samsung Galaxy grand prime+ is about to boot up. So, you can start the combination of recovery by pressing (Bixby+Volum Up+Power) button quickly and holding these combinations until recovery page not open. If you fail to boot it on time then you phone will boot up. You can try again right after switch off your device.
Note: Now, you can install custom ROMs or custom kernels, mods apps and more. You can also root your device to get more control over your smartphone OS.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Plus?
TWRP recovery allows you to install root on your Samsung and gain more administrative access to your smartphone’s operating system. Rooting allows you to install new apps, edit system files, and bypass manufacturer restrictions. If you want to root your smartphone, we recommend reading our guide on how to root an Android phone. It will provide you with a thorough understanding of roots.
Read more: How to root Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Plus
I hope you were able to install TWRP on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Plus smartphone after following the instructions above. We went over every step of the procedure, including preparation, bootloader unlocking, downloading the Odin or TWRP file, booting into download mode, and installing TWRP, as you are aware.
Please contact us if you have any further questions about this tutorial. We will get back to you as soon as possible.